Friday, November 11, 2011
By Julie Wiegan
Find out how celebrity hairstylist David Babaii, whose clients include Angelina Jolie and Kate Hudson, created the looks for actresses Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon for the 45th Annual Country Music Awards.
1. Babaii used IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Shampoo enriched with a Desert Blend to moisturize Reese Witherspoon‘s hair.
2. He then rinsed hair thoroughly to remove all traces of dirt and oil. Inside tip: Use the RESCU-HUE Water Purification System to wash hair and remove chlorine and damaging chemicals tap water releases. The purification system also helps to preserve hair color while hydrating skin and hair.
3. He towel dried hair gently to remove all excess water and applied a small amount of Couture Colour Pequi Oil throughout for added shine and moisture.
4. To style, he applied IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Style Mousse Strong for hold and style control.
5. Babaii divided hair into 4 sections before drying: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free.
6. He took small sections starting at the nape and used a blow dryer with the nozzle attachment and finished the drying process with a medium round brush to smooth hair straight.
7. When the hair was completely dry. he took large sections and wrapped three-fourths of it around the brush.
8. He held each piece for about 10 seconds with hot air blowing on it, and then shot it with a blast of cool air, before releasing that piece.
9. Babaii finished by spraying IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Definition Hair Spray for long lasting hold.
1. Babaii first attached the RESCU-HUE Water Purification System to wash Nicole Kidman‘s hair and remove chlorine and damaging chemicals tap water releases.
2. After gently towel drying, he applied a dime size amount of Couture Colour Pequi Oil, massaging into hair from roots to ends to create a smooth finish.
3. He then sprayed IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Texture at the root area for maximum lift and volume.
4. He blow-dried hair with the IT&LY HAIRFASHION Racing Red Ionic Blow Dryer parting hair into 4 sections (top, sides, and nape).
5. Babaii used a large round boar bristle brush taking small sections to create volume and an ultra-smooth finish
6. After hair was completely dry, he went back into each section lifting hair at the root area and holding the dryer for a few seconds at high heat, and then a blast of cool air to set in place.
7. Babaii created an off-set middle part and took large random sections wrapping them around the 1 1/2 Inch curling iron to create these luscious loose curls.
8. He finished by spraying IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Definition Hair Spray for a natural hold.