Monday, November 19, 2012
By Julie Wiegan
Celebrity makeup artist Tina Turnbow, who created Carly Rae Jepsen’s feminine, flirty look for the 2012 American Music Awards said, “We wanted to create a look that would mimic the softness and femininity of Carly’s dress, while still remaining sexy. The colors on her dress were baby pink, teal, and gold – very feminine, but it was also very form fitting with an open back that gave it a little edge.”
1. She first prepped skin by applying Votre Vu Attentive Serum Delicat Pour Le Visage and then Attentive Crème du Jour over it to provide a moisturized base for the foundation.
2. On the eyes, Turnbow applied Votre Vu Lingerie Pour Le Yeux to create an even, nude base for the eye shadow to stick to.
3. Then she swiped a shimmery gold eye shadow by Stila all over the lid to match the dress.
4. To create the soft, yet defined look for eyes, she lined them with the Votre Vu Le Joli Crayon in Charbon, smudged it up and out at the edges with the sponge tip to create a slight smoky cat-eye effect, and then applied a black liquid liner on top for more definition.
5. Lastly, she applied two coats of the Votre Vu Eiffel Power Mascara, concentrating more on the outer edges for a more feminine, flirty look.
6. On her cheeks, Turnbow applied Votre Vu Vu-On Rouge Cheek and Lip Tint in Bouquet Rose, which gave a great natural, pink flush to her cheeks while not taking away the attention from her eyes.
7. She lined lips with a pale pink lip liner to lighten up the color of the Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose, which she lightly brushed over to give more dimension.
8. Turnbow set the whole look by misting Votre Vu À Votre Santé spray.