Monday, January 16, 2012
By Tricia Stevens
Charlize Theron‘s hairstylist Enzo Angileri said, “I wanted her hair to have a casual feeling, very soft, almost as if she had pulled it together herself.”
1. He started with already dry, naturally waved hair, and curled small sections with a 2” curling iron to enhance the volume and texture.
2. Angileri used the larger iron because he didn’t want to curl her hair, but to refine the natural wave. This helped create an effortless transition from her natural look to red carpet.
3. Once finished, he lightly misted the curled sections with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray.
4. After a few minutes, he completely brushed through her hair with a Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Paddle brush to eliminate any trace of separation, for a natural, clean look with a romantic, soft texture.
5. Next, he swept the hair to the left and made three sections.
6. He pulled and rolled the first two into a loose bun and pinned them, working with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray throughout the process to control and hold the hair in place.
7. He released and wrapped the last section under and around the bun and pinned it.
8. Finally, he adjusted and freed strands in the bun so it looked even more unstructured, messy, and a bit wispy.
9. He then sprayed the hair with Moroccanoil Frizz Control to tame flyways disappear and to give more control of the hair and the look of the bun.
10. Angileri finished the look with a Cartier diamond headband.
Celebrity hairstylist David Babaii got Nicole Kidman red carpet ready at least a few days before the award show by focusing on her color using IT&LY HAIRFASHION Colorly 20/20 Professional Hair Color. “First, we created a change in Nicole’s hair color opting for a lighter strawberry blonde.
“The style inspiration for Nicole’s look was my take on a modern day Veronica Lake,” Babaii said.
1. He began with Pure Shampoo and Conditioner by IT&LY HAIRFASHION to maintain her hair color balance while hydrating with pure botanicals.
2. He then applied a small amount of the silicone free Miracle Oil Hair Elixir by David Babaii to add additional shine and protect hair from thermal damage.
3. To dry, he used a small round brush to create an ultra smooth finish while bumping the ends under.
4. To complete this “Veronica Lake” look, he used a large barrel curling iron, wrapping only the bottom portion of the section around the barrel to create soft natural waves.
5. He finished the look by creating a side part and lifted the root area with IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Volumizing Eco Hair Spray, lightly spritzing the ends for a long lasting hold.
“I envisioned a style with the sophisticated sexiness of Brigitte Bardot, but modern and sexy without looking retro,” Robert Steinken said of Paula Patton‘s hair. “I also gave the hair a sleek, shiny and luminous look that was soft and full of movement.”
1. He started with damp hair and sprayed a small amount of new Moroccanoil Frizz Control throughout the hair to balance hydration and prevent frizz.
2. Steinken then used Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to give it a beautiful texture while softly holding a style and allowing it to move.
3. He used a round medium-size Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Brush to blowdry hair since it holds the heat and acts almost like a roller while you blowdry, giving a nice smooth wave to the hair,
4. Taking 2-3 inch sections, he let the brush stay in the hair 10-15 seconds longer to allow it to cool and set the hair.
5. Next, he used a 1” curling iron, starting at the root and wrapping hair around the iron in a spiral.
6. He held each section for 15-20 seconds, then removed and pinned the curl with a clip or bobby pin to let it cool.
7. Steinken lightly sprayed the set with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, unpinned, and brushed the curl out, then made a center part.
8. He then backcombed the hair at the crown for height, starting 3-4” inches from the hairline. 9. To keep the backcomb in place and to style the hair more easily without losing volume, he sprayed it with Moroccanoil Luminious Hairspray.
10. He then sectioned hair behind the top of each ear and brought both sides together in the back with a twist, and pinned.
11. Steinken then sprayed Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray on the style for hold.
12. He then finished the style with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray for an extra touch of shine.
“I was inspired by Emma Peel from the 1960’s British TV show The Avengers,” celebrity makeup artist Jorjee Douglass said of Zooey Deschanel‘s look.
1. She started with Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer to hydrate and mattify the skin.
2. Douglass then used Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory for smooth lasting coverage.
3. Next, she applied Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer in Light and Fair under the eyes and to cover any imperfections.
4. Douglass kept the mod inspiration on the eyes, creating a cat eye shape. She used Rimmel London Glam’Eyes Professional Liquid Liner on the top of the lid and a feathered line on the bottom.
5. She then topped the liner with Rimmel London Glam’Eyes HD Quad Eyeshadow in Black Cab and English Rose for a soft smokey eye.
6. Next, she loaded up her lashes with Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara to make her long lashes even longer.
7. Since Douglass played up Deschanel’s eyes, she kept the rest of her look neutral.
8. She highlighted the cheeks using Rimmel London Lasting Finish Blendable Blush & Highlighter in Autumn Blush.
9. Douglass finished off by adding a touch of color to the lips with Rimmel London Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in Nude Pink.
“Kate’s Roberto Cavalli dress was so ethereal and magical, I wanted to keep the skin looking completely luminous and create a bit of edge with the eyes,” makeup artist Molly Stern said of Kate Beckinsale‘s Golden Globe look.
1. Stern began by moisturizing skin with Natura Bisse The Cure Cream.
2. She then primed with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer for a flawless canvas for makeup.
3. She then use a light application of Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer in Sand.
4. On the cheeks, Stern used the bronze tone in Hourglass Illume Crème-to Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to add warmth to her skin, and followed with the blush tone applied on the apples of her cheeks.
5. She then dusted Nars Miss Liberty high on her cheekbone to add an extra glow.
6. For the eyes, she used the bronze shade of Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy as a base and set it with Nars Galapagos Eye Shadow, smudged deep into the lid.
7. For an extra pop of light, she dabbed Chanel’s Blazing Gold Ombré Essential over the inner lid.
8. She achieved a deep and jet-black lashes with the Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara.
9. She followed it with Hourglass Film Noir Lash Lacquer, which was painted over them for an extra kick of drama.
10. Stern applied Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème lipstick in Fresco as a base on the lips.
11. She topped it with Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Imagine for a glistening sheen.
Makeup artist Heba Thorisdottir balanced the Kristen Wiig‘s nude Bill Blass gown with a symphony of neutral shades. “It was all about fresh, glowing skin and luscious lashes,” Thorisdottir said.
1. Thorisdottir first prepped the skin with SKII Signature Moisturizing Cream, followed by Sensai Silk Brightening Cream for a surge of moisture.
2. She then applied Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer to ensure that makeup lasts all night. It also neutralizes the skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores and renders makeup water resistant.
3. She used Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation for a matte, full coverage, mixing together two shades, light beige and sand.
4. She then applied Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Fair where needed.
5. On the cheeks and to give Wiig’s skin a gorgeous glow, she used Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light. She used the bronze shade to lightly contour and the highlighter on the cheekbones.
5. She then dabbed MAC Powder Blush in Peaches on to the apples of her cheeks.
6. For the eyes, Thorisdottir used Hourglass Script Precision Liquid Liner to fill in the lash line, followed by Face Atelier’s Eyeliner in Bronze.
7. She also applied D&G Eye Color Quad in Golds on the eyes.
8. To enhance her naturally long and thick eyelashes, she applied Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara followed by a coat of Film Noir Lash Lacquer for impact. The top coat gave her lashes extra volume, length and high-gloss shine.
9. Thorisdottir filled in the lips with D&G Precision Lipliner in Nude.
10. She then applied Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème lipstick in Fable.
11. She followed this with Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Imagine, a peach champagne shade, for memorably pretty lips.