Monday, February 27, 2012
By Sara Moore
Stylist Adir Abergel used Frederic Fekkai products to create Gwyneth Paltrow‘s look.
1. He began by applying Fekkai Coiff Ironless Straightening Balm from the roots to ends of damp hair.
2. Abergel then created a strong side part using a comb.
3. Next, he blow-dried hair without a brush, making sure to keep the part and desired shape of hair.
4. Then he flat ironed hair until it was completely smooth.
5. He applied Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing Cream from the roots to the ends to give hair shine and a mirror finish.
6. Abergel pulled hair back as if he was tying a low pony-tail at the nape of the neck.
7. He tied hair with two elastic bands below the nape of the neck, allowing the elastics to show and giving hair a raw edge.
8. To secure flyaways, he lightly sprayed Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray.
Hairstylist Didier Malige gave presenter Natalie Portman a modern version of a 1950’s movie star look.
1. First, he applied Fekkai Coiff Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray from the roots to the ends of wet hair.
2. Next, he blow dried hair completely using the Fekkai Large Round Brush.
3. Once hair was dry, he used a 1” curling iron to create soft and feminine waves throughout the hair.
4. Malige then swept hair to the left side of her face.
5. He added shine and lasting hold to the look with Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream.
Celebrity hairstylist David Babaii created former Oscar winner, Sandra Bullock‘s sleek ponytail.
1. First, he applied Miracle Oil by David Babaii to gently towel dried hair for added shine and thermal protection.
2. He then divided hair into 4 sections (top, sides, and nape) to ensure proper drying, smoothing each section perfectly straight. He used the nozzle attachment to control airflow along with a medium paddle brush to create this sleek straight finish.
3. Babaii then lightly sprayed hair with IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Definition Hairspray and started smoothing and lifting hair into a high ponytail. This provides extra control and a frizz free shine.
4. He wrapped a small section of the ponytail around a coated band several times and secured with a few bobby pins.
5. Then, he added a combination of the Miracle Oil and Pure Definition Hairspray to the palms of his hands and slid down the ponytail for additional shine and sleekness.
6. He finished by with a small decorative pin to the side.
Makeup artist Stephen Sollitto used products by Hourglass Cosmetics on The Descendants star Shailene Woodley that complemented her chic updo.
1. Sollitto prepped skin Veil Mineral Primer to create a smooth canvas for makeup and ensure a flawless finish with real longevity.
2. He then applied Illusion Tinted Moisturizer in Shell, which imbues skin with luminosity, and Hidden Corrective Concealer in Fair, an undetectable cover-up.
3. He added warmth and contoured cheekbones with Superficial Waterproof Bronzer, and sweeping the product to her temples, hair line, nose and chin.
4. Afterwards, he applied a dusty rose blush and finished with Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light for a gorgeous glow.
5. Sollitto lined eyes with Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Cognac, a rich brown shade.
6. Before adding eye shadow, he applied Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara to gauge the darkness of her eyes.
7. He also swept Film Noir Lash Lacquer at the roots of the lashes for drama, thickness and inky black sheen.
8. Then, he covered the entire lid of the eye with the cream shimmer shade Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Suede to reflect light.
9. He finished the eye by applying the copper shade from Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy for a dose of dramatic color.
10. Lastly, he lined lips with Trace Lip Liner in Bare, and followed with Hourglass Prodigy Hydrating Lip Gloss in Eden for a peachy beige sheen.
For Sarah Hyland‘s first appearance on the Oscar red carpet, makeup artist Allan Avendaño was inspired by her eyes. “She has the most stunning green eyes and I love to make that the focus of her makeup.” he said. “She also has amazing skin and beautiful lips so I wanted to subtly bring all her features out while keeping the focus on her eyes.” He used Bellapierre Cosmetics on the young actress.
1. First, he applied Penny Shimmer Powder to the entire lid, then deepened the outer corners of her eyes with Diligence Shimmer Powder and blended Lava Shimmer Powder into her crease.
2. On the bottom lash line, he used Lava.
3. Then, he used black liquid eyeliner from the On The Go Trio to give her a sexy cat eye to pull her eyes up a bit and Black Natural Eye Liner on the waterline.
4. Avendaño also used lots of black mascara (also from the On The Go Trio) and to finish it off, he applied Champagne Shimmer Powder on the inner corners of her eyes for a beautiful highlight and to accent the twinkle in her eyes.
5. On her skin he used loose Mineral Foundation in Cinnamon.
6. He then gave her an all-over glow with Mineral Bronzer in Starshine and used Mineral Blush in Desert Rose on her cheeks.
7. He finished off the lips with Nude Lip Liner, Catwalk Lipstick and topped off them off with Champagne Lip Gloss.