Monday, January 14, 2013
By Sara Moore
Makeup Artist Jenn Streicher gave Golden Globe nominee, Emily Blunt, smoky eyes and soft lips for the evening.
1. She first applied Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum, La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream and La Mer Eye Concentrate.
2. Then she primed the skin with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum, and followed with Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory.
3. Streicher used two shades of Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer: Fair, a light shade, was used around the nose and as a highlighter, and Sand, a slightly darker shade, was applied under the eyes.
4. She finished the skin with the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light.
5. For the cheeks, she applied Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer all over the face and neck to create a radiant glow.
6. She then used the bronzer shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to contour the cheeks and jaw line, and the blush shade from Illume was applied onto the cheekbones.
7. Streicher then lined eyes with Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil in Espresso and softened the line with a brush. 8. Next, she applied the shell shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy as a highlight on the brow bone and followed with a matte brown eye shadow on the lid.
9. Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara was applied to the lashes to volumize, lengthen and separate them.
10. She then amplified the brows with Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette.
11. Lips were infused with a beautiful wash of color courtesy of Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Edition, a soft pink shimmer.
Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen used Jessica Alba‘s peach-colored Oscar de la Renta gown as the inspiration for her makeup.
1. First, she prepped skin with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum, and followed with Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer in Sand.
2. She then used Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Warm under the eyes, down the bridge of the nose and fanned the product out in the center of the forehead to create dimension.
3. She finished the skin by applying the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light all over the skin to create a golden, subtle warmth.
4. Anderson then used the bronze shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to contour the cheeks and followed with the blush shade on the apples of the cheeks.
5. Then she applied Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil in Espresso to the outer corners of the eyes and then smudged it with a brush.
6. She applied Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer in the crease of the eyes and the gold shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Dune on the lids.
7. Lashes were treated to several coats of Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara.
8. She finished amplified the brows with Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette.
9. For the lips, she applied Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Riviera, a vibrant tangerine shade.
Using IT&LY HAIRFASHION’S Purity Design Line, celebrity hairstylist David Babaii, who styled Kate Hudson‘s hair said, “As the perfect ‘Muse’ and my inspiration, Kate is my generation’s Brigitte Bardot showing off soft voluptuous hair that is touchable, glamorous and now Kate’s very own signature look.”
1. He started with IT&LY’s Pure Water Drops Serum before blow drying.
2. Then he added IT&LY’s Pure Style Mousse Strong and used a medium round brush at the root area to add volume then switching to a large round brush to smooth and create soft rounded edges.
3. After drying, Babaii created a natural side part spritzing IT&LY’s Pure Volumizing Eco at the base for added lift and down the shaft for more piecey definition.
4. For her sexy fringe, he wrapped the bang area around a medium round brush spraying a small amount of IT&LY’s Pure Volumizing Eco again. With the blow dryer temperature on high, he directed heat on the brush followed by a quick blast of cool air to set, gently removing the brush to release the fringe.
5. He used his fingers to comb through and allowed the hair to fall naturally into place.
6. Babaii misted the hair with IT&LY Pure Definition Hair Spray for soft touchable hair with memory hold.
Taking inspiration from Claire Dane‘s red-hot Versace gown, celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler gave her sexy, loose waves, likening her to a modern-day Jessica Rabbit.
1. First, she blow-dried hair with a large, round, boar bristle brush.
2. She then used a curling iron with a 1 1/2 inch barrel and started curling hair section by section.
3. The curls were set with Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hairspray.
4. Butler created the perfect wave, using a paddle brush to brush through curls.
5. He then applied Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème throughout the hair to soften hair and add shine while leaving the curls chunky and intact.
6. He locked in the style with a fine mist of Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray.