Monday, January 28, 2013
By Julie Wiegan
Celebrity hair guru David Babaii wanted to show off Nicole Kidman‘s new solid bob haircut with a sleek, super straight look.
1. First, he warmed a small amount of IT&LY’s Pure Water Drops in the palms of his hands before applying it through the hair.
2. He dried hair with a nozzle attachment and a large round brush to smooth hair completely straight.
3. Babaii sectioned hair first: top, sides and back.
4. He dried the nape area first and then proceeded until the entire head was dry.
5. After creating a center part and to ensure sleek perfection, he finished by using IT&LY’s Racing Red Professional 1″ Digital Iron.
Inspired by the retro, feminine look of Rose Byrne‘s gown, John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh created a modern take on the classic wave.
1. First, he applied a few pumps of John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Formula Hair Serum through wet hair and blow dried using a large, round bristle brush.
2. After sectioning off the hair, he wrapped each section around a small curling iron and then carefully brushed it out.
3. Josh finished the look by applying a sheer coat of John Frieda Frizz-Ease 100% Shine for glistening waves.
Makeup artist Jo Baker was inspired by Naya Rivera‘s sexy bombshell gown and retro-style waves for a soft, fresh, and feminine face.
1. First, she used Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation on the skin and YoungBlood Mineral Blush in Rouge for a glowing complexion.
2. She then lined the inner rims and the lash line with Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Cosmic Brown, and smudged Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner into the outer edges to create a softly winged line.
3. Baker completed the romantic and slightly metallic smoky eye with a taupe shimmery brown shadow all over the eyelids.
4. She finished the eyes with Avon SuperExtend Mascara in Black.
5. For the lips, she prepped them with Chanel Rouge Coco Baume to keep them soft and hydrated.
6. To make them look like they had just been kissed, Baker lined them with Chanel Lip Liner in #25 Pink Sugar, and applied Avon’s Totally Kissable lipstick in Loving Lilac.
Celebrity hairstylist Clyde Haygood gave Rivera a modern day Veronica Lake look with glamorous long waves using John Frieda products.
1. He first applied Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula to wet hair before blow-drying. “We wanted defined waves, and this serum blocks out frizz and gives you sleek results,” he said.
2. Haygood then used a curling iron with a 1 ½ inch barrel curling hair section by section, pinning each curl with a duckbill clip, and spraying Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to set.
3. Once the curls cooled, he sprayed just a few spritzes Frizz-Ease Spiral Style Spray Gel for definition and added shine.
Makeup artist Heather Currie complemented Julie Bowen‘s black leather dress with a subtly sexy cat eye and a soft, romantic pink lip.
1. For a dewy and fresh look, she applied Avon Be Blushed Cheek Color in Powder Pink on the apples of cheeks.
2. She used Avon Irresistibly Sexy Eyeshadow Palette in Bombshell to bring depth and smokiness to the eyes and added a little shimmer to pick up the glimmer of the jewels on Bowen’s dress.
3. Currie lined the inner rims of the eyes with Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Cosmic Brown, and the tops of her eyelids with Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner in Black.
4. She then smudged the black liner into the eyeshadow to create a subtle cat eye and finished the look with a few coats of Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara in Black.
5. For a romantic lip, she applied two coats of Avon’s Totally Kissable lipstick in Lovey Dovey.