Wednesday, May 07, 2014
By Sara Moore
Celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler gave actress Amber Heard a deconstructed modern updo that didn’t compete with her Giambatista Valli dress.
1. After washing hair, he spritzed John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion to damp hair, focusing on the roots.
2. He then applied a generous amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse before blow-drying upward with a thick, round brush for extra lift.
3. Using a 1 inch curling iron, he curled hair away from her face.
4. Then, he pulled hair into three knots at the back of her head, anchoring the knots with straight hairpins and pulling the front section up in a “broken pompadour.”
5. To create the knots, he made two small ponytails with the hair he pulled back and wrapped the hair around the base of the elastic, spraying John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hairspray throughout for firm hold before and after adding in the straight pins.
6. Lastly, he curled small tendrils of hair off to one side of the face, further enhancing the updo.
Inspired by Jessica Alba‘s golden lace Diane Von Furstenberg dress, Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen wanted her makeup to look fresh and luminous. “We wanted to create a monochromatic look so I used gold on her eyes so that everything looked seamless,” she said.
1. She first applied Koh Gen Do Foundation and Kevin Aucoin Concealer as a base on the face.
2. Then she used Kevin Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight to highlight the bridge of the nose.
3. She finished with Lorac Mineral Bronzer on the cheeks.
4. To keep eyebrows in place, she used Andersen used Votre Vu Brow Wax.
5. Anderson then blended Avon Eye Dimensions Eyeshadow in Khaki Chic on the lids to create a golden look.
6. Then, she layered on the lightest shade from the Avon Eye Dimensions Eyeshadow in Bronze Star.
7. She lined the eyes with Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Intense Brown.
8. She finished the eyes using Avon Mega Effects Mascara in Black on lashes.
9. Lastly, she applied Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Caramel Comfort.
Celebrity Hairstylist Davy Newkirk styled Alba’s hair into a modern updo reminiscent of 50’s glamour.
1. He started off by applying a good amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse throughout wet hair to shape her waves.
2. Newkirk thne used a large round brush and hairdryer to give hair some structure.
3. Then he made an extreme side part and started working his way around her head, curling small sections with a ¾-inch barrel iron.
4. He let the curls set and cool for a few minutes.
5. He brushed out the curls with a flat brush and applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Crème for a smooth and shiny texture.
6. Then he started rolling up sections from ear to ear, along the bottom edge of her hairline, and securing with bobby pins.
7. He set the look with John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray.
“The dress makes a graphic statement and we complemented it with glowing skin, iridescent eyes and richly pigmented lips,” makeup artist Christophe Danchaud said about Marion Cotillard.
1. First, he prepped skin with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum.
2. For flawless coverage, he applied Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in 1.5 and Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Pearl.
3. He then used Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light all over the face to create a soft-focus effect.
4. Afterwards, he used Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Radiant Magenta, a golden fuchsia blush, to create a stunning glow.
5. Moving on to the eyes, he used Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow in Exhibition.
6. He began by applying the shimmer lilac shade all over her lids.
7. Then he applied the dark mauve shade in the duo close to her lash line and to the outer corner of her eye, extending the mauve shade to underneath her eyes, close to the lash line.
8. To lighten up his handiwork, he used a gold pigment on the lids.
9. He finished the eyes with several coats of Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara.
10. Danchaud defined the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette.
11. He ended with the lips, lining them with Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Liner in Raven.
12. Then he mixed Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Raven and Muse to create a sensual orange red
Celebrity Makeup Artist Tina Turnbow said she was inspired by the beautiful lace Marc Jacobs dress Amanda Peet was wearing when doing her makeup. “It’s a mysterious and sexy look that still has a femininity to it,” Turnbow said.
1. She moisturized the entire face to make the skin smooth and even.
2. Then she used Avon Anew Reversalist Complete Renewal Express Wrinkle Smoother Compact around the eyes.
3. Turnbow then applied the Makeup Forever HD Foundation and Anastasia Concealer.
4. She finished the face with the Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Powder Foundation and the mark Touch & Glow All Over Shimmer Cubes.
5. Afterwards she used the Nars Brow Perfector Pencil to fill in the brows.
6. Next, she lined the eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion and winged out the corners a little.
7. She then dabbed on the mark Touch & Glow on the inner corners and on the lids of the eyes.
8. She finished with Avon Mega Effects Mascara in black on the top lashes for a delicate yet dramatic effect.
9. Lastly, to bring out the shade in the dress, she applied Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Cherry Jubilee.