Monday, August 11, 2014
By Tricia Stevens
At last night’s 2014 Teen Choice Awards, Selena Gomez wore a very adult and tailored Saint Laurent ensemble, proving she’s no longer a teenager. Celebrity hairstylist Lona Vigi used John Frieda products to create her look.
1. She prepped hair with a misting of Evian atomizer.
2. Then, she rubbed a dime sized amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Original Six Effects Serum into her hands before applying to hair, starting at the roots and pulling all the way to the ends.
3. Vigi sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray in the front while hair was still damp to tame the little baby hairs around the frame of the face.
4. While blowing drying on a medium heat with Harry Josh Pro Tools Dryer, she continuously sprayed the hair to ensure it stayed back in a ponytail.
5. She then clipped the hair up and took super small sections, going over them with a flat iron, getting as close to the scalp as possible.
6. She created a center part and then gathered hair by the nape of her neck to create the ponytail.
7. Once it was secure, she patted John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Creme onto the ponytail for an extra strong and shiny look.
8. Finally, she secured the ponytail with a long, black ribbon.
Celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh used Votre Vu products to give Chloe Grace Moretz a semi-smokey eye and light lips to play off of the dark colors from her Valentino outfit.
1. After prepping the face with La Mer Moisturizing Cream, she started with her eyes.
2. First, she smudged Votre Vu Le Joli Crayon in Charbon into her lash line.
3. She then rubbed a bunch of the pencil on the back of her hand, took a stiff, synthetic eye shadow brush and applied it like a cream eye shadow all over the lower lid fading up to the crease. This gives the powder eye shadows something to stick to and will show through a little without being too intense.
4. Quynh took the Palette Play in Nude and mixed the two shimmery brown eye shadows and blended it into the crease.
5. Then, she smudged the same two colors underneath her bottom lash line and then lined her bottom waterline with Le Joli Crayon in Chablis.
6. To finish off her eyes, she applied two coats of Votre Vu Eiffel Power mascara on the top lashes only.
7. Then, she applied a foundation for the base and went back with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard under the eyes and anywhere else that needed extra coverage.
8. Moving onto the cheeks, she applied Votre Vu Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose using a flat, stiff brush for a fresh glow. Even though, this type of brush is usually meant for concealer, Quynh recommends using it to apply cream blushes because it picks up more color and it goes on a little bit smoother.
9. To set her makeup, she applied Zone Out T-Zone Shine Eliminator in Lumiere concentrating on the center of the face.
10. Quynh filled in her brows with Arch de Triumphe in Fair using an eyeliner brush for a more natural look.
11. She finished off by dabbing French Kiss in LouLou on her lips.