Monday, January 26, 2015
By Sara Moore
Celebrity hairstylist Matthew Monzon used Leonor Greyl products to give Gretchen Mol a modern retro glam hairstyle to complement her bejeweled Dennis Basso gown at the 2015 Screen Actor Guild Awards.
1. First, he sprayed Leonor Greyl Condition Naturelle on damp hair.
2. Then he applied Leonor Greyl Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice, combing it through with a wide tooth comb and then giving it a rough dry using his hands to create volume at the roots.
3. On dry hair, he created a deep part on the left side and took his R Sessions Nalu Waver creating loose waves all throughout the hair.
4. Monzon then took the hair from the left side twisting it along the back of the head, tucking the ends up and under the hair with bobby pins then following with the right side in the same manner.
5. To finish the front, he ran the ends of the hair through the iron just to put in a small wave so that the look remained consistent.
6. He set the look with Leonor Greyl Laque Souple hairspray.
Inspired by her cool white Vionnet dress, celebrity hairstylist Blake Erik wanted to stay with the vibe by giving Laura Carmichael beachy waves.
1. He applied an ample amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse to soaking wet hair.
2. Then he brushed the hair from root to end using Harry Josh Pro Tools Detangling Brush.
3. He then massaged the hair with his hands to loosen the hair and add volume.
4. Erik flipped her hair and blow-dried to add lift to the roots and to create maximum volume.
5. When the hair was completely dry, he gave the hair a slightly off-center part.
6. For added natural texture, he spritz John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray on the hair.
7. To tame any frizz and define the natural waves and pattern of the hair, he wrapped the hair around a 1 inch flat iron but stayed away from touching the roots to avoid flattening the top.
8. He sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease KeraFLEX Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep hair in place.
Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen wanted Carmichael’s lips to be the main attraction, giving her a bold red pout.
1. She started by evening out her skin tone with Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation.
2. Then she moved onto the cheeks and applied Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Coral Radiance.
3. Next, she lined her eyes with Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten.
4. Afterward, she used the light brown shade from the Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte to softly define the eye.
5. Anderson applied Ardell Medium Individual false lashes and then coated them with Avon Big & Daring Mascara in Blackest Black.
6. And to get the bold red lip, she applied Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Poppy Love.
Andersen also created Camila Alves‘s fleshtone look for the 2015 SAG Awards.
1. She first applied Koh Gen Doh Foundation Aqua Foundation on the skin.
2. Then she used Avon Glow Bronzing Powder on the face.
3. Anderson then blended the two darker shades in the Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte for depth and applied to the lids.
4. She then applied Avon Big & Daring Mascara in Blackest Black on lashes.
5. She finished by applying Hourglass Lipstick in Whisper on lips.