Monday, September 19, 2016
By Sara Moore
Celebrity makeup artist Lauren Andersen gave Abigail Spencer a playful 1940’s glamour look as she presented an Emmy Award.
1. First, she dotted concealer under her eyes and to the inner corners to cover any slight imperfections.
2. Next, she applied Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Heavenly Pink to the apples of her cheeks.
3. To give her skin a glow, she dusted Avon Glow Bronzing Powder all over her skin and along the hairline.
4. Then, she lined her eyes with Avon True Color Glimmersticks Waterproof Eye Liner in Brown Chocolate, smudging the liner into the outer corner of the lash line for a barely there hint of color.
5. To create big, flirty lashes, she applied Avon True Color Wide Awake Mascara in Black.
6. Anderson created a structured brow by filling them in with Avon Perfect Eyebrow Kit in Deep Brown.
7. For a gorgeous pop of color, she applied Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Ravishing Rose on the lips.
Celebrity makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff created Emmy nominee Taraji P. Henson‘s look last night. She had this to say about the process, “Taraji is very zen and relaxed, it’s the glam team who’s not. We listen to great music and laugh, but most importantly she makes sure we have fun.”
1. First, she prepped her skin by using DERMAFLASH to exfoliate skin and remove unwanted peach fuzz allowing skincare products work ten times better.
2. She then applied Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm to decrease puffiness and hydrate eyes.
3. Next, she used Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift and Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum to give skin a radiant glow.
4. Sheriff then applied Dior Airflash CC Primer to create an even canvas for makeup application.
5. Next, she used Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff in Tan to create a natural, glowing, contoured and lifted canvas.
6. She then set her makeup with Milani Prep + Set + Glow Transparent Face Powder using a MAC powder brush.
7. Moving on to the eyes, she created a soft rose glow by using Taraji’s MAC Collection Highlight The Truth on the lid by tapping with her finger. Then she used a MAC 266 angle brush on the lower lash line for a soft smokey effect.
8. She then added Taraji Glow, a coppery gold highlight in the corner of the eyes and in the center of the eyes to make them pop.
9. Then she created a tight precise line on the top lash line with the Penultimate Eye Liner from Taraji’s MAC collection.
10. Finally, she coated top and bottom lashes twice with Haute and Naughty Too Black Lash Mascara.
11. For the cheeks, she applied Highlight The Truth from Taraji’s MAC collection on cheekbones, which was followed by Taraji Glow for highlight.
12. Sheriff lined lips with MAC Cork Lip Line, then applied Strip Me Down Matte Lipstick, which is a gorgeous nutty nude color.
13. Then she applied a soft pink gloss only in the center of the lips from Dior Jersey Pink Addict Collection.
14. She completed the look with MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ and then applied Caudalie Divine Oil and Kate Somerville Quench Oil for the ultimate body glow.
Inspired by Amanda Peet‘s Altuzarra dress, celebrity makeup artist Tamah Krinsky made her eyes and lips pop.
1. Using a soft brush, she applied a mixture of Avon Ideal Flawless Liquid Foundation in Nude and Honey Beige to match her skin tone and to give it a fresh look.
2. Then, she blended Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Antique Rose onto the apples of her cheeks.
3. Next, she applied Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Candlelight onto her cheekbones.
4. Moving on to the eyes, she created a soft, neutral eye. To do this, she used a mixture of #3 from the Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Naked Truth and #2 from the Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Stone Taupe on her lids. She applied each tone one at a time, blending between each application until it almost disappeared into the skin.
5. Then she applied Avon True Color Eye Shadow in Vanilla to soften the inner corners and blend out the crease, continuing to keep everything very soft.
6. She finished by applying a few coats of Avon True Color Wide Awake Mascara in Black on the top and bottom lashes.
7. Krinsky wanted to make her lips the focal point. She accomplished this by applying Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Ravishing Rose as a base and then added Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Red Supreme to the center of her lips, pressing the color in with her fingers to intensify it. This created a perfectly dimensional raspberry tone that compliment both her complexion and the color of the dress.