Tuesday, June 11, 2013
By Tricia Stevens
Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto tells us how he created Amy Adams soft summery evening look using Votre Vu products for last night’s Man of Steel world premiere in New York City. Adams plays The Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane in the film.
“Amy is wearing a gorgeous black Nina Ricci dress tonight, so for her look I didn’t want to do just a red lip and lighter eyes,” Sollitto said. “We wanted the look to be a little softer, but with a modern twist. Aubergine and Copper are such a beautiful combination, especially with Amy’s eyes and coloring. It was a soft, modern twist on the red lip.”
1. He prepped the face with the Attentive Crème du Jour.
2. For the base, he applied Love Me Deux in Champagne all over her face.
3. Sollitto then dusted Beauté en Bronze in Monaco along her hairline, temples, the tip of her nose, and under her cheekbones to give her more dimension.
4. Moving on to the eyes, he used a medium eyeshadow brush and the shade Gilt from the Palette Play eyeshadow quad in Copper (available in September) and swept it all over the eyelid and a bit along her bottom lashes.
5. Next, he rubbed in Le Joli Crayon in Aubergine along the outer third corner of her upper lash line and along the whole row of bottom lashes. Instead of lining the bottom waterline, he lined just the lashes to keep the eyes looking wide and lively.
6. He then applied Eiffel Power mascara and layered it for thick, voluminous lashes.
7. To frame her eyes, he used the Arch de Triumphe brow definer in Warm to give her brows a bit more definition.
8. After finishing the eye makeup, he used his middle finger to apply the Vu-On Rouge in Bouqet Rose to her cheekbones in a tapping motion. By tapping on the product, you can deposit the color instead of rubbing it off with a swiping motion. He kept tapping the product onto her cheekbones until it was all blended.
9. Sollitto prepped her lips with the Luxe Lip Moisture lip balm in the bébé Duette.
10. He finished with an application of French Kiss in Annette (available in September), a beautiful bright red color, to her lips.
For the hair, celebrity hairstylist Laini Reeves created modern waves reminiscent of the classic screen sirens of the 1920’s using Moroccanoil products.
1. First she shampooed Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner to create a bit of extra body and lift.
2. She then prepared a low side part.
3. Using a Moroccanoil Professional Series Dryer on low, she used her fingers to separate and dry the hair.
4. Reeves then applied a dime-sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment from her roots to the ends, to soften the look and make her hair more manageable, and it also addes a beautiful, natural-looking shine.
5. Then she lightly sprayed Luminous Hairspray Medium to add a bit of extra body and texture.
6. Working with a 1.25” marcel curling iron, she gave her hair a defined wave low on the part to accent her eyes and cheeks.
7. She curled the rest of the hair from the roots to the ends, taking 1” sections all around. Each wave was held with marcel clips.
8. Using a soft bristle brush, she brushed out the wave to soften it.
9. Reeves set the look with a spray of Luminous Hairspray Medium for a soft, natural-looking hold.