Tuesday, October 08, 2013
By Tricia Stevens
We have the makeup and nail tutorial straight from the artists who created Chloe Grace Moretz‘s look for the Carrie red carpet movie premiere.
Celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh used Talika products to keep Moretz’s look really young and fresh to complement her somewhat Bohemian style Valentino gown.
1. First, she applied Talika Eye Decompress on the eyes for 10 minutes while her hair was being prepped. This allowed enough time for them to soak in and soothe the skin around the eyes.
2. Then, she dispensed 3-4 drops of Talika Huile Vitale into her palm and patted it onto Moretz’s face to moisturize the skin.
3. She then used Talika Cream Booster to massage the Huile Vitale into the skin. This device helps skincare products penetrate deeper and work more efficiently so skin stays hydrated.
4. Once the skin was prepped, she used a foundation brush to apply Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15 in Crème 011.
5. Quynh followed with concealer under the eyes and wherever needed.
6. Then she set the look with a sheer loose powder, brushing it on the forehead, cheeks and chin.
7. Moving onto the cheeks, she swept Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 68 Rose Ecrin by applying the color to the apples of her cheeks, and then blending it outward towards the ears.
8. For her eyes, she curled the lashes with a Talika Heated Eyelash Curler.
9. Next, she applied a shimmery bone eye shadow to her lids, then a soft bronze eye shadow to her outer lid, blending it into the crease.
10. She then layered a dark bronze shadow on top of the soft bronze shade for dimension.
11. She also smudged the dark bronze along her top lash line and soft bronze along her bottom lash line for extra definition.
12. Quynh then primed and coated the lashes with Talika Lipocils & Black (coming soon) to lengthen and thicken the eyelashes.
13. Once the lash primer dried, she applied two coats of the lengthening and volumizing black mascara.
14. She then groomed her brows with Talika Eyebrow Lipocils.
15. She finished the look with a soft peachy lip stain.
Celebrity manicurist Christina Aviles used Formula X for Sephora to create Moretz’s look. “Chloe wanted an earth tone polish and this color jumped out at us right away,” she said. “It’s a darker taupe that looks great on any skin tone and was just a beautiful complement to the colors in her gown. We added the studs to enhance her chic and sophisticated look.”
1. She first prepped nails with FORMULA X FOR SEPHORA CLEANSE.
2. Next, she applied FORMULA X FOR SEPHORA BASE COAT.
3. Once that was dry, she added two coats of FORMULA X FOR SEPHORA The New Neutrals in Perfection, a smoky violet shade.
4. She finished with FORMULA X FOR SEPHORA TOP COAT, and while it was still a little tacky, she applied a round black stud at the base of the nail, pressing lightly to make sure it adhered.
Talika products are available at Dermstore.com.
Formula X for Sephora products are available at Sephora stores.