Wednesday, September 18, 2013
By Sara Moore
Once Upon A Time star Jennifer Morrison was at the premiere of “August: Osage County” at the 2013 Toronto Film Festival looking flawless. Her makeup looked like it was in transition between summer and fall and her messy bun emphasized her strong cheekbones. Here’s the how-to straight from the stylists who created Morrison’s look.
Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose used Votre Vu products to achieve a “monochromatic, ethereal look” that complemented her fresh rose colored outfit.
1. First, he evened out her alabaster complexion with Votre Vu Love Me Deux Moisture Tint in Champagne.
2. He then set is with a light dusting of Belle Poudre in Light.
3. Barose filled in her brows with Votre Vu’s Arch de Triumphe in Fair and lined her eyes with Le Joli Crayon in Charbon.
4. He curled her lashes and applied two coats of Eiffel Power mascara in Charbon.
5. For a sheer pinky soft flush, he used a sponge like the Beauty Blender in a tapping motion to apply Votre Vu’s Vu-On Rouge in Ma Cherry to the apples of her cheeks.
6. He completed the look by filling in her lips with Votre Vu’s Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked and added a sheer pink lipstick on top, French Kiss Moisture Rich Lipstick in Chloe.
And now on to this perfect effortless looking messy bun created by celebrity hairstylist Ryan Trygstad.
1. He applied Oribe thickening mousse to damp hair and blow-dried hair.
2. Then he layered in Oribe Dry Texturing Spray at the root to give hair texture and modality.
3. Trygstad then put the hair in a very high pony at the very top of her head, almost more forward than you would think.
4. He rolled hair into a twist, keeping the hair messy and sexy and secured the messy bun into place with large French bobby pins.
5. He set the style using a hairspray like White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray.