Monday, September 30, 2013
By Tricia Stevens
At the 2013 Alma Awards this weekend, celebrity makeup artist Lauren Andersen gave Jessica Alba a sexy glow to complement her dazzling Juan Carlos Obando skirt, which she paired with a white ribbon-sleeved shirt, also by the designer.
1. First, she groomed brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
2. She then applied Koh Gen Do Foundation and Laura Mercier concealer to even out skin tone and to hide any imperfections.
3. Moving onto the eyes, she used Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte. She dusted the #2 shade of the quad across the lid and then the dark brown shades were added through the crease.
4. Anderson then lined the eyes across the lash with Avon SUPERShock Gel Eye Liner in Intense Brown and then she used Mega Effects Mascara on lashes for a voluminous, flirty look.
5. After finishing the eyes, she applied Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Molten Mocha to the apples of the cheeks.
6. To add emphasis to the cheeks, she used Lorac TANtalizer Highlighter and Matte Bronzer Duo to contour and Hourglass Radiant Light Powder on top to brighten.
7. Lastly, she used a lip liner and Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Cashmere.
Celebrity hairstylist Renato Campora styled Alba’s ombre-colored hair in a long, wavy bob using John Frieda products.
1. He first trimmed Alba’s hair into a “long bob” as the foundation for the look.
2. Then he applied Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse to her damp hair for added bounce and dried it with a blow dryer.
3. He then used a ½ inch curling iron to create waves all around her hair, brushed them out and applied Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème for a smooth texture.
4. He finished by misting her hair with Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray.