Monday, June 13, 2016
By Sara Moore
Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose got “Eclipsed” nominee Lupita Nyong’o ready for the red carpet for the 2016 Tony Awards. “The look is fresh and summery, with warm orange and coral tones to play off of Lupita’s Hugo Boss dress,” he said.
1. He prepped her skin by applying Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum and Lancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Light Pearl.
2. To control shine, he applied Lancôme La Base Pro Pore Eraser Mattifying Primer on the T-Zone area.
3. He then applied Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Makeup Stick in 550 Suede C all over the face.
4. Barose then used Lancôme Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer in Deep Suede under the eyes and around the mouth.
5. Then he used Lancôme Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder in 550 Suede on the T-Zone area and on the perimeter of her face.
6. Once he was done with setting the coverup, he used Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette in Rum Raisin on the apples of her cheeks.
7. He followed this by highlighting the top of her cheekbones with Lancôme Glow Subtil Silky Crème Highlighter in Rosegold Lights.
8. Moving on to the eyes, he used Lancôme Sourcils Gel Waterproof Eyebrow Gel-Cream in 06 Noir to fill in the brows and give them a shape.
9. Then, he prepped the eyelids with Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolour Base in 06 Sienne.
10. Next, he dusted the eyelids with Lancôme Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder in 550 Suede to set them.
11. Across the entire lid, he used Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Eyeshadow in Sapphire Lace.
12. Barose then lined her eyes with Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencil in Parisian Night and Lancôme Grandiôse Liquid Liner in 01 Matte Black.
13. For added drama, he coated her lashes with Lancôme Grandiôse Extreme Mascara in 01 Noire Excès.
14. Now on to the lips– he moisturized them with Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells Nourishing Lip Balm in Honey-In-Rose
15. Then he lined the lips with Lancôme Le Lipstique in Sheer Chocolate.
16. For a pop of coral color, he applied Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Sienna Ultime as the finishing touch.