Monday, March 03, 2014
By Tricia Stevens
Here’s the how-to straight from the stylists on getting the hair and makeup for these beautiful actresses from the 2014 Oscar Awards.
Celebrity makeup artist Patrick de Fontbrune created Camila Alves‘ look for the 2014 Oscars red carpet using Votre Vu products. “Our inspiration for tonight’s look on Camila is very old classic Hollywood with a modern twist featuring warm and golden tones.”
1. He first applied Votre Vu’s Champagne Kisses on Camila’s lips for hydration.
2. Then he moisturized her face first with VBeaute’s Anti-Wrinkle Protecting Serum and then applied Votre Vu’s Attentive Crème du Jour with a brush.
3. For her eyes, he dabbed VBeaute’s Nourishing Repair Eye Cream all around.
4. He mixed Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux Tinted Moisturizer in Paris and St. Tropez and stippled it onto her skin using a sponge to even out her complexion, allowing him to concentrate and build the coverage where needed.
5. For the more delicate areas, such as under the eyes, he used his fingers to apply the tinted moisturizer.
6. He then spot-concealed around her nose and under the eyes for a flawless finish, then used a touch of Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Medium over her eyelids to even out the skin there as well.
7. Next, he went over her T-zone and eyelids lightly with Belle Poudre in Golden Medium and Medium to keep the makeup in place.
8. Using Votre Vu’s Palette Play in Copper, he applied the light beige color for the base all over the eyes and then used the light gold color on the lids. He applied the deepest bronze along the crease and along the upper and lower lash line, and then pulled it out on the outer corners to elongate the eyes. To blend the eye shadows seamlessly, he used a soft angled brush.
9. Next, he used Votre Vu Le Joli Crayon in Charbon to line the upper lash line and inside the upper and lower lids to add depth to the eyes.
10. He used an eyelash curler before applying Eiffel Power mascara from the very root to the tip, applying from underneath.
11. Then he filled brows in with Arch de Triumphe in Dark Brown.
12. Moving on to the cheeks, he applied Vu-On Rouge in Amourette and dusted the pink blush in the Beauté en Bronze duo on top over the apples of her cheeks.
13. Then he took the bronzer from Beauté en Bronze and applied it all over, carefully shading and sculpting the face in the process.
14. Finally, he filled in her lips with Votre Vu Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked, applied French Kiss in Lisette on top, and finished off the lips with Lip Lustre in Tender.
Cate Blanchett looked beautiful accepting her second Oscar last night. “We were inspired by classic, old Hollywood and wanted to give Cate a look that will be timeless,” said makeup artist Jeanine Lobell.
1. First, she patted SK-II Facial Treatment Essence onto the skin before applying foundation. This allowed her to use a more lightweight foundation and helped the foundation last throughout the night.
2. She then applied Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 Beige to the apples of the cheeks and feathered it out before applying a second coat to ensure she looked like she was glowing from within.
3. Lobell used Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad #2 Effeto Nudo on eyelids. She used the warm taupe shade all over as a base; the deeper taupe on the lid and feathered it into the crease to open up the eye; the light brown was mixed with the deeper taupe and applied to the outer crease and center; and the darkest brown was wet and used as a liner.
4. She then curled lashes with the Troy Surratt Lash Curler.
5. After cutting a strip of false lashes and applying to the corner of the eye, she applied Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara to the base of the lashes and pressed it in to give her real lashes a false effect.
6. Then she kept brows in place with an application of Makeup Forever Brow Gel.
7. She completed the look by applying Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #103, a creamy, beige-y pink to the lips.
Celebrity hairstylist Roque gave Tony Award-winning actress and Oscar nominee Idina Menzel, a straight and polished red carpet look.
1. Roque asked her to wash her naturally tight curly hair with John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Shampoo and Conditioner on Saturday night to give her the perfect frizz-free foundation for her straight style.
2. On the day of the Oscars, he created a cocktail of John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Crème and two drops of Frizz Ease Extra Strength Six Effects + Serum and applied throughout clean wet hair.
3. Then he made a low side part over her left eye before blow-drying hair straight using a Mason Pearson Brush.
4. He spritzed John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray throughout to protect hair from the heat of the flat iron and to guarantee a smooth, straight look.
5. After flat ironing in sections, he tucked the remainder of her hair on the left side gently behind her ear and then sprayed John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hair Spray for a flawless finish.
Celebrity Makeup Artist Jake Bailey paired a soft neutral eye with a creamy nude lip to match Jenna Dewan-Tatum‘s pale white Reem Acra gown.
1. He prepped skin with Sjal Cellular Renewal Cream.
2. Then he lined her eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
3. Bailey then applied Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte over the lids and used the same color to fill in brows.
4. Then he used Avon Mega Effects Mascara on lashes.
5. Moving on to the skin, he applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation to even out skin tone.
6. Next, he applied Mark Chic Frills Powder Blush on to the apples of the cheeks.
7. He then used Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Creamy Melon on the lips.
8. He completed the look by applying Chanel Jardin De Camelias Illuminating Powder on cheekbones to give the face a glow.