Tuesday, February 05, 2013
By Tricia Stevens
For a night of romance, don’t let your hair down just yet. Let your Valentine admire your nape with these lovely updo’s as seen on Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams at this year’s Golden Globe Awards. Celebrity hairstylist Angelo David of the Angelo David Salon in New York City tells us how we can recreate these looks.
1. Prepare hair for styling using the Angelo David Premier Volume Spray and Angelo David Foaming Sea Silk Styler to create texture.
2. To add more texture to hair, create small curls using a 1 inch barrel curling iron and break the curls with your fingers.
3. Create five different sections for twisting and braiding: nape, front, back, crown and temples.
4. For each section, create a combination of twists, braid or knots followed by a backcombing technique using your fingers to create more volume.
5. Gather each section to the back and create an almost messy bun, secured with pins.
6. Finish the look with a strong hold hairspray.
1. To get Amy Adam’s side bun, use Angelo David Premier Volume Spray on damp hair, then begin blow drying hair by sections.
2. Using an Angelo David Large Round Brush, twist hair as you release the brush to crest waves.
3. To hold waves, use a curling iron to set the hair.
4. Use a small comb to place waves, then loosely pin back the hair with bobby pins.
5. Finish with a strong hold hairspray, and tweak what’s needed with fingertips.
ANGELO DAVID SALON / 48 East 43 Street, 2nd Floor / New York, NY 10017 / (212) 883 6620