Monday, July 09, 2012
By Tricia Stevens
Stay healthy and in shape this summer with these delicious lower-calorie, high protein recipes from House Foods America.
Hungry Girl’s Noodlicious Veggie Crabcakes
(Makes 15 crabcakes)
2 (8 oz) packages House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shape Noodle
4 cups broccoli, finely chopped
1 ½ cups dry pancake mix
12 ounces white crabmeat, drained
½ cup egg whites (about 4 egg whites)
¼ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
Light sour cream for topping (optional)
1. Rinse Shirataki noodles, drain well and pat dry.
2. Place noodles in a bowl and heat in microwave for 1 minute.
3. Remove noodles from bowl and pat thoroughly dry.
4. Cut noodles into pieces about 4 inches in length.
5. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
6. Coat a skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium heat.
7. Scoop 2 spoonfuls (Tbsp) of mixture for each 3-inch crabcake.
8. Press gently with a spatula to form cake.
9. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
10. Repeat process.
11. Top with a spoonful of light sour cream, if desired.
House Foods’ Tofu Hummus Wrap
(Makes 4 servings)
1 package (10 oz.) House Tofu Super Firm Grilled or Garlic & Pepper, drained and diced
8 tablespoons hummus
4 large whole-wheat or flour tortillas
1 large tomato, diced
2 cups lettuce, shredded
1 large avocado, sliced
1 cup red cabbage, shredded (optional)
4 tablespoons scallions, minced
Balsamic vinegar (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Spread 2 Tbsp. of hummus on each tortilla.
2. Sprinkle Tofu, tomato, lettuce, avocado, red cabbage, and scallion onto the tortilla.
3. Season with Balsamic vinegar and salt, pepper to taste.
4. Roll up the tortilla (burrito style) and cut into 2 pieces.