Wednesday, July 23, 2014
By Tricia Stevens
If you’re one of the many who likes to start the weekend on Thursdays, well, you have perfect timing! July 24th is National Tequila Day! And to celebrate, we have a refreshing tequila recipe and even a salsa recipe using Jenni Rivera La Gran Señora Tequila. Both will be sure to spice up the rest of your summer!
Spicy Cucumber Margarita (aka Margarita Blanco)
3 oz. of Jenni Rivera La Gran Señora Tequila Blanco
Simple Syrup (1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water)
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
2 oz. of Triple Sec
1 Jalapeño, cut in half lengthwise
1. Put 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of water in a saucepan to boil, stir occasionally to dissolve sugar.
2. After the simple syrup cools, combine it with 3 ounces of Jenni Rivera La Gran Señora Tequila Blanco, 1 ounce Fresh Lime Juice, 2 ounces of Triple Sec and 1 Jalapeño, cut in half lengthwise.
3. Let the mix chill for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
4. Be sure to taste it until it’s spiced to your preference.
5. Once it’s ready to serve, remove the jalapeno and serve with ice.
6. Garnish with sliced cucumber.
5 small tomatoes on the vine
2 cloves of garlic
1 red potato
1.5 oz. of Jenni Rivera La Gran Señora Tequila Blanco
1. Chop 5 small tomatoes, 2 jalapenos, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 red potato and a ¼ cup of onion.
2. Place the chopped ingredients into a blender and add a pinch of oregano and salt.
3. Add 1.5 oz. or your preferred amount of Jenni Rivera La Gran Señora Tequila Blanco into the mixture.
4. Blend until texture is slightly smooth.
5. Once ready to serve, place the Tequila Salsa into a bowl and garnish with cilantro.