Monday, November 18, 2013
By Tricia Stevens
These Thanksgiving pumpkin recipes are so delicious that you just may end up making them all year round. The Pumpkin Pie float is so ridiculously easy and fast to make that you won’t mind slaving over the turkey.
Maker’s Mark® Bourbon Pumpkin Loaf
(Yield: 6 Mini Loaves)
6 tbsp Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
2 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp Molasses
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Clove
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
1 to 2 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare six mini loaf pans by greasing with butter or cooking spray.
3. In a mixer bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs and brown sugar thoroughly.
4. Add bourbon, oil, and molasses to the mixture, and mix.
5. Then add salt, spices, baking powder, and baking soda to the mixture, and mix thoroughly.
6. Gently mix in flour to the pumpkin mix until blended.
7. Pour batter into prepared pans, and bake for 35 minutes. Test by inserting a wooden skewer into the center of each mini loaf cake; the skewer should come out clean.
Glaze: While the loaf cakes are baking, prepare glaze.
1. In a small saucepan combine all ingredients. Simmer until the mixture becomes a soft glaze.
2. When the pumpkin loaves come out of the oven, let cool for 15 minutes, and then brush the tops with glaze.
Pumpkin Pie Float
1. Pour 6 ounces of Pumpkin Pie Cascade Ice into a tall glass filling it up halfway.
2. Add one scoop of vanilla ice cream.
3. Garnish the float by crumbling a graham cracker and adding a dollop of whipped cream.