Friday, November 21, 2014
By Julie Wiegan
So you’re doing Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family and lucky you, you’re not the one making the turkey this year. But you can still wow everyone with these side dishes! Both recipes are courtesy of Del Monte and are not only delicious, but also so incredibly easy to make.
Green Bean Casserole
2 can (10.75oz.each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup milk
2 tsps. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 can (14.5oz.each) any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained
2 2/3 cups French’s® French Fried Onions, divided
1. Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in a 3-qt. casserole dish.
2. Bake at 350° F, uncovered, 25 minutes or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
3. Bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown.
Golden Sweet Cornbread
2 pkg. (8.5oz.each) corn muffin mix
1 can (14.75oz.) Del Monte® No Salt Added Cream Style Corn
1 can (15.25oz.) Del Monte® No Salt Added Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Coat a glass or metal 9-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Stir together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; batter will be slightly lumpy.
4. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Here are some variations:
Prepare recipe as directed, except:
DOUBLE CORN MUFFINS– pour batter into a greased muffin tin (12) and bake as package directs.
FIESTA CORNBREAD– stir 1 can (4 oz.) diced jalapeno, drained, and 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese into batter before baking.
BACON AND ONION CORNBREAD– stir 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon and 1/4 cup sliced green onions into batter before baking.
BLUEBERRY CORNBREAD– gently stir 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries into batter before baking.