Tuesday, February 03, 2015
By Tricia Stevens
You’re in for a healthy treat with this delicious double chocolate cupcake recipe using Nutiva products. Yes, we did say healthy and double chocolate, and what better occasion to double up on the chocolate than Valentine’s Day!
Double Chocolate Cupcake
1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Buttery Spread
1 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Milk (can be substituted with almond, hemp, or coconut milk)
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (tossed in flour)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together coconut sugar and buttery spread. This mixture should be soft, fluffy, and crumbly. Whisk in vanilla extract, then whisk in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Alternate sifting dry mixture and milk into sugar, butter, and egg mix.
5. Fold in chocolate chips, mixing well to distribute them evenly.
6. Scoop batter into cups, filling each halfway and mixing intermittently to keep chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom.
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a cupcake.
8. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before frosting.
9. Since it’s Valentine’s Day, you can add candy hearts or red and pink sprinkles on top!
Okay you little heartbreaker, this Stillhouse cocktail drink is made just for you!
Stillhouse “HEARTBREAKER” Cocktail
(Mixologist credit: Josh Curtis)
1 ½ oz Stillhouse Original Moonshine
4 Pressed Raspberries
½ oz Fresh Lime Juice
½ oz Agave
2 oz Chilled Prosecco
1. Muddle raspberries, add ingredients- shake over ice and strain into flute
2. Garnish: 2 Raspberries
3. Top with Prosecco