Tuesday, February 12, 2013
By Tricia Stevens
Check out this healthy tofu recipe for Valentine’s Day that was created by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, stars of Cooking Channel’s show Extra Virgin.
Tofu Chocolate Budino
1 (14 ounce) package House Foods Organic or Premium Soft (silken) Tofu
8 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Combine sugar, water, and cocoa water in a medium sized saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and cool slightly.
5. Now, melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set over a saucepan of lightly simmering water.
6. Add both mixtures plus Tofu into a blender and puree until completely smooth.
7. Divide the chocolate mixture among ramekins and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or up to overnight.
Looking for the perfect chocolatey cocktail, try this one using Effen Vodka.
Effen Chocolate Covered Black Cherry
1 1/2 parts Effen Black Cherry Vodka
3/4 part DeKuyper® Crème de Cacao Dark
3/4 part Half and Half
1 teaspoon Bonne Maman® Cherry Preserves
1 dash Angostura Bitters
1. In a mixing glass, combine all ingredients and shake with ice.
2. Strain into a cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with lemon peel and brandied cherries.
Leave a Comment
Please note that all approved comments will not be deleted, so please make sure to comment appropriately.