Wednesday, December 08, 2010
By Julie Wiegan
The hair team for the new movie, Burlesque, starring Cher and Christina Aguilera tell us how to achieve the hairstyles for Christina and some of the other dancers.
1. LaBaff wanted to take advantage of her texture and create this soft curly look infused with shine.
2. She began by spraying each section with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold Styling Spray prior to heat styling the hair.
3. At the top, she used a big barrel curling iron, directing the hair back and away from the face.
4. She then pinned each curl and allowed them to cool.
5. To finish the rest of the head, she alternated a large barrel curling iron with a medium, creating spiral type waves.
6. Sara’s hair has amazing hold so she completed the look with IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Water Drops for incredible softness and shine.
1. Aradottir sprayed White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold Styling Spray onto damp hair and dried tresses with the IT&LY HAIRFASHION Italian Racing Red Ionic Blow Dryer.
2. Once hair was dry, she took small sections, utilizing a small barrel curling iron to curl the entire head.
3. After these tight curls were created, she brushed it all out and massaged a small amount of IT&LY HAIRFASHION’S Pure Water Drops into the curls for a softer look full of volume.
4. She finished with White Sands Infinity Hairspray for hold.
1. For one look, Kimble curled the front with a curling iron and then braided the hair up in the back followed by attaching a fall.
2. Working with hair pieces and wigs, the hair department pre-set most of these pieces so they were fresh and ready to go.
3. This fall was one of the wigs that had already been wet set, so after she attached it, Kimble brushed it out to complete the style.
4. She then created finger waves in the front section of the hair using her fingers and long clips to hold them in.
5. When finished, she entwined them into the fall.
6. For hold, she used IT&LY HAIRFASHION Pure Definition Hair Spray.
1. For a second look, (pictured above), she applied several products from Kimble Hair Care Systems and then pulled her tresses up into a high, sleek ponytail.
2. She then attached a faux ponytail (which was sewn on because it was so long) and used White Sands Infinity Hair Spray and the IT&LY HAIRFASHION Blow Dryer as part of the attachment process.